Versatile and efficient energy wood felling head with both saw and cutting unit
– This is a giant leap forward in professional energy- and small wood harvesting.
With this unique head you cut small bushes, twigs and thinner trees with a snap and fell bigger trees using the saw. The head also works perfectly as a traditional loading grapple. The XG220 is a combination of two of the most successful and tried out Mecanil products; Mecanil EG250 energy wood felling head and SG220 grapple saw. The head is very easy to install because of no need for any additional hydraulics. Mecanil XG220 A RC is equipped with the patented self-powered wireless control. Does not require any change of battery. The battery is charged when the grapple is in use.
- Fast and easy to use – increases productivity
- Stable both in felling and loading position
- Full control over all functions – for example, make the cutting movement many times without opening the grapple.
- Works perfectly as a traditional loading grapple
- Easy to install
- No additional hydraulic lines are needed – only pressure and tank
- Completely stepless control – for example, stop the tilt half way if necessary
- Can easily cut trees without harming trees nearby
- Can cut a bigger bundle of smaller trees and bushes with one cut
- Option: Self-powered wireless control (no change of battery required)
Control system alternatives
- 2 hydraulic lines (pressure – tank) and electrical wire
- 2 hydraulic lines (pressure – tank) and self-powered wireless control
Suitable base machines
- Excavators (free hanging)
- If you are considering installing this grapple saw on another base machine, please consult the Mecanil dealer.
Grapple claw alternatives
- Standard: Energy grapple claws (open ended)
- Option: Traditional log grapple claws (closed ends)
- Option: A-model claws (claws with diagonal plates)
|XG220 A G2||– 2 hydr. lines (pressure – tank).
– Cable along the crane.
– Separate control buttons that can be installed in joystick.
– Incl. collecting unit.
|XG220 A RC G2||– 2 hydr. lines (pressure – tank).
– Self-powered wireless control with separate control buttons that can be installed in joystick.
– Incl. collecting unit.
|XG220 G2||– Ask for more information about XG220 without accumulation.|
|Model||XG220 A G2||XG220 A RC G2|
|Grapple size||0,22 m2||0,22 m2|
|Weight||390 kg||460 kg|
|Rec. working pressure||180-230 bar||180-230 bar|
|Rec. oil flow rate||60 – 100 l/min.||60 – 100 l/min.|
|Opening of grapple||1200 mm||1200 mm|
|Hydraulics||2 lines (pressure/tank)||2 lines (pressure/tank)|
12V or 24V
|Wireless control, self-powered|
|Cutting diameter, cutting-unit||max. 200 mm||max. 200 mm|
|Cutting diameter, saw (18″)||–> 450 mm||–> 450 mm|